Win a family trip to Whiskey Creek Cabin with CapeNature
8 km beyond Plettenberg Bay on the N2 towards Nature’s Valley and Port Elizabeth, lies the Keurbooms River Nature Reserve.
The canoe trail and overnight cabin
This is a trail like no other. You might be lucky and see the Knysna loerie or fish eagle which are usually only heard. If you paddle on high tide you can have a gentle ride up to the mooring point, but should you embark on your trip during low tide, be prepared to exit your canoe and pull it across rapids (See safety precautions). After mooring your canoe, a flat, but sandy, 400m trail leads to the cabin.
The Whisky Creek cabin will be a welcome sight. Tucked in a forest, the cabin is only accessible by canoe to one group at a time. The cabin has all the necessary amenities. The open-air kitchen is under a veranda roof and next to the kitchen is a separate bathroom with flush toilet and hot water shower. Visitors can relax in bundu chairs around the braai on the deck. A timber walkway leads down to the river, which winds out in a kloof.
For more information on CapeNature’s venues please go to www.facebook.com/CapeNature1 or http://www.capenature.co.za/
Getaway and CapeNature are giving away the following prize:
Three night self catering family getaway to Whiskey Creek Cabin valued at R5520
Prize includes canoes
To enter simply answer the question below:
Which reserve is the Whiskey Creek Cabin situtaed in?
Competition closes on the 9th December 2012.
- The prizes will be awarded to the senders of the first correct entries drawn after the closing date.
- All CapeNatures terms and conditions apply
- The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Entries should include your title, postal and email addresses, a day-time contact number and/or cellphone number.
- Only one online entry per person.
- The prizes are not transferable, nor can they be converted into cash.
- All travelling costs not expressly included, airport taxes if flights are included, visa costs, and any additional costs will be at the winners’ expense, unless specified.
- The prizes must be taken up within 6 months of the closing date, at a time to suit both the hosts and the winners, unless otherwise specified.
- Staff members of Getaway, the host company or organisation sponsoring the prize, their advertising and public-relations agencies, and immediate families may not enter. The competition is open to all other readers of Getaway.
- Winners are not eligible for another holiday prize for 6 months after the closing date of the competition they have won.
- Prizes will only be delivered within Southern Africa.
- If a response from the winner is required by Getaway or the host after being notified of their winnings, the winner is required to respond within two months of being notified or they may forfeit their prize if Getaway or the host see fit.
- By entering this competition on-line, you agree to receive an invite to other future correspondence from Getaway magazine. We will send you an offer to join our Getaway digital family of email correspondence. You may opt-in or opt-out of this service at any time by phoning 021-530-3277 or emailing opt-out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Leave a Reply