Win one of four family tickets to World of Birds in Hout Bay
Four lucky winners will walk away with a family ticket to World of Birds, each valued at R230.
For almost 40 years World of Birds has cared for over 3 000 species of birds, mammals and reptiles, from porcupines and foxes to monkeys and ostriches, and has become an establishment in Hout Bay. Their no kill policy permanently shelters hundreds a month and they’re open to the public 365 days a year. However, the effects of the recession have drastically reduced the popularity of the sanctuary as a tourist destination and a fun family day out. Since World of Birds relies solely on the income from ticket sales, their future is not secured.
A campaign, called Help feed the Birds was launched recently to raise awareness and carry across the simple message that, by visiting World of Birds, everyone contributes to feeding the birds. Watch a short Youtube clip here.
World of Birds is situated just on 4 ha of tropical gardens just 10km outside of Cape Town in the scenic Hout Bay Valley and is open 09h00 – 17h00 daily. Tickets are R75 for adults, R40 for children and R55 for students and pensioners. An annual family membership costs only R350. Help feed the penguins, pelicans, cormorants and birds of prey at various times throughout the day.
Tel: 021 790 2730
To enter the competition, answer the simple question below.
The competitions closes on 3rd September 2012.
On which days is World of Birds open to the public?
- The prizes will be awarded to the senders of the first correct entries drawn after the closing date.
- The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Entries should include your title, postal and email addresses, a day-time contact number and/or cellphone number.
- Only one online entry per person.
- The prizes are not transferable, nor can they be converted into cash.
- The prizes must be taken up within 6 months of the closing date, at a time to suit both the hosts and the winners, unless otherwise specified.
- Staff members of Getaway, the host company or organisation sponsoring the prize, their advertising and public-relations agencies, and immediate families may not enter. The competition is open to all other readers of Getaway.
- Winners are not eligible for another holiday prize for 6 months after the closing date of the competition they have won.
- Prizes will only be delivered within Southern Africa.
- If a response from the winner is required by Getaway or the host after being notified of their winnings, the winner is required to respond within two months of being notified or they may forfeit their prize if Getaway or the host see fit.
- By entering this competition on-line, you agree to receive an invite to other future correspondence from Getaway magazine. We will send you an offer to join our Getaway digital family of email correspondence. You may opt-in or opt-out of this service at any time by phoning 021-530-3277 or emailing opt-out to email@example.com.
Leave a Reply